Thursday, December 18, 2008

CrossFit to the rescue


Hey CrossFitters,

My last three Thursdays have been pretty exciting. I had the pleasure of working with our cities local Fire Departments. They allowed me to come in and demonstrate what CrossFit is all about and how it can be helpful to our local fire men and women. I had a short video that demonstrated some of workouts and even had some footage of firefighters doing our WOD's. After the video we went into the bay area where they keep the fire trucks and had some of the guys participate in the Fight Gone Bad workout.

The guys were good sports and worked hard to get high scores. Most had never trained this way before and found it to be very challenging. Of course Fight Gone Bad isn't your typical workout. I don't think anyone is truly prepared for the intensity that is required from this particular workout.

I give these guys credit for stepping up and giving it a try. I feel that everyone gave 100% effort and worked to their fullest capacity. Below is a list of people that completed this workout and their scores. NICE JOB GUYS!

If I'm ever in an accident or fire this is definitely the group of men and women I want to come and rescue me. All of you are truly amazing people and I want to thank you for having me in your home.

I would like to thank a few people for their participation in assisting me with this project. Without their help and support I would not have been able to pull this off.

Thank you,

John Specuza
Russ Baker
Joe LaCroix
Ryan Farishian
Nick DePaolo
Mehmet Cingoz
Danny Aguire
Erika Kiss

You guys always have my back and I thank all of you for your continued support.

FIGHT GONE BAD:
3 rounds. Each round has five exercises. Complete  as many reps as possible in 1 min. for each exercise. No rest until all five exercises are complete. Then rest 1 min. and repeat. Total the number of reps and calories burned at the end of all three rounds to get the total score for the workout. Prescribed weights are listed in parenthesis for men and women. 

Exercises:
1 min. Wall Ball Shots (men 20 lb. ball, women 10 lb ball)
1 min. Rower Most calories burned
1 min. Push Press (men 30 lb. kettlebells, women 10 lb. kettlebells)
1 min. Squat Jumps
1 min. Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (men 95 lbs., women 35 lbs.)

FIGHT GONE BAD SCORES:
Luke-244
Dave-249
Brad-180
Johnathon-241
Brando-277
Scott-256
Paul-221
Seth-234
Daniel-266
Martin-265
Mike-204
Drew-238
Joe-276
Russ-235

5 comments:

  1. Excellent numbers put up by the firefighters. I have to admit to wanting to go again to beat the high number! Oh well, maybe I'll get a chance to do it again when they come to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can always do it again. Just tell me when and where.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool...way to go to the firefighters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe at the Beach. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how well the equipment would hold up to the sand, water and moisture. The weights might rust and I don't know if it would damage the rower.

    The beach does sound like fun though as long as the equipment doesn't get damaged.

    ReplyDelete