Sunday, October 12, 2008

Amazing CrossFit Transformation

Hey CrossFitters,
 
I wanted to share this testimonial with everyone today. One of our very own CrossFitters, Julie Racicot-Taylor has an amazing testimonial I feel everyone should read. She has come such a long way in the last 18 months with CrossFit and I am extremely proud to be a part of her amazing transformation.
 
Congratulations on your success.
 
Julie 2005 (Far Right)

Julie 2008 Looking Good!
Your friend in fitness,
Jeremy Barnett, CFT
CrossFit Thoroughbreds
 
 
Julie Racicot-Taylor’s CrossFit Testimonial
 
CrossFit has changed my LIFE! I’m 47 years old and I haven’t looked this good since my disco-dancing days. I have exercises consistently for 25 years using a variety of programs and diets. Prior to CrossFit, I hit the gym 4-5 days a week and my workouts ranged anywhere from cardio and Body Pump to cycling and aerobics, yet after all this, I didn’t see any changes in my appearance!
 
I started CrossFit May 25th, 2007 . My main goal was to get stronger and build my endurance, and if I dropped some pounds in the process, then that would just be a bonus. I had to modify most of the exercises because I wasn’t strong enough and had knee problems for years. I felt I was getting stronger everyday! And to tell you the truth, some days were overwhelming, but when I saw my appearance start to change, it just made me want to push myself more and more each day.
 
CrossFit started the Biggest Loser Challenge on Feb. 24th, 2008 , and I decided it was time to change my eating habits. When the nutritionist mentioned the Zone Diet in one of our group discussions, I checked the book out of the library, read it front to back and decided this was a nutritionally balanced diet that sounded good to me. The Zone Diet works on blocks of a 1:1 ratio of proteins and carbohydrates, soluble fiber and the glycemic index.
 
The first weigh in was after 3 weeks and I lost 7 pounds and 2.9% body fat. Four weeks later at the second weigh in; I had lost 8 more pounds and 4.1% more body fat. The final weigh in is in two weeks. For the first time, I can actually see my hips! My legs, shoulders, stomach and even my face looked so different; I was amazed every time I looked in the mirror. I had dropped from a 14/16 to a 10/12 in pants and from an XL to a medium in shirts. The diet IS obviously the push my body needed to make the CrossFit program successful.
 
CrossFit is an extraordinary fitness program! It has made me feel stronger and more confident about myself. Newcomers to the program should not be intimidated because CrossFit is a personal challenge. Anyone who is willing to commit themselves to this program can change their lives too!
 
Repsectfully,
 
Julie Racicot-Taylor
Julie Racicot-Taylor


CrossFit Thoroughbreds 
"Xtreme Fitness 4 Xtreme People"
 239-851-3940
 
Jeremy Barnett, ISSA-CFT, Founder

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Julie, you look awesome! Great job. It is amazing what a great diet and hard work will do. All I have to do is get a great diet and do some hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, You look AWESOME! We are all so proud of you. You are an true hot crossfit babe! You rock! Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look great! If it wasn't for your testimonial I wouldn't have known how far you've come. Your story is inspirational and congratulations on your success! :)

    ~Sandra

    ReplyDelete