Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Erika's Diet

For all the ladies out there that want to know what it takes to look like Erica here it is. This is a two day sample of her diet.

Clean yours up and you can get the results you're looking for too.


Day #1-Sample:
Breakfast: proteinshake (crushed ice, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon peanutbutter, 1 scoop proteinpowder, 1/2 cup of vanilla soymilk)

Lunch: turkeywrap ( wheat tortilla wrap, 2 slices of turkey breast, banana pappers, 2 pieces of cheddar flavored soy slice, a little Dijon mustard)

Dinner: spinich salad with grilled chicken or shrimp (spinach leaves, almond, tomatoes, cucumbers, fat-free shredded mozzarela cheese, oil and vinegar)


Day #2-Sample:
Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a scoop of choc protein powder
1/2 cup of soymilk, which I put in my coffee

Lunch: grilled fish ( tilapia, sea bass, salmon, about 8-9 0z) with steemmed vegetables 

Dinner: grilled chicken, 8-9 oz, with sauteed spinich in garlic or steamed broccoli (I usually like a cheddar flavored soy slice, melted on chicken, tasted better than cheese)

Snack: raw almond, baby carrots, very rarely a protein bar ( but that is too much sugar, so I try to stay away from it, sometimes a little  peanut butter)
(You'll notice the "snack" is not a candy bar, ice cream or other junk food. It is a well balanced meal)

Hummus is also a very go
od source of protein, I sometimes snack on that too during the day.

Don't forget to drink lots of water!! 
(Not diet sodas, coffee, teas and juice drinks all day)
If I eat carbs with my 
meal. I usually eat brown rice, wheat noodles, sweet potatoes, but I try to eat my carbs early in the day. Small portions also. Not filling up the plate with these carb. foods. Starchy carbs. (rice, beans, potatoes, pasta Oatmeal, etc..) should make up the smallest portion of food on your plate.
Erika Kiss, CrossFit Assistant Coach


3 comments:

  1. Ok yeah I want to look like that...I only moved to FL within the past year so wearing a bikini is a new thing still (orignally from up north...like MN north) and after having two kids it would be nice to get toned!

    However I'd like to point out I don't find it fair that the guys get to stare at Erika's nice pix and us gals have that Nick picture to torment our memories!

    ~Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come there isn't anything about beer and cheeseburgers on this diet page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Joe. We'll post the Beer and Cheeseburger diet next week. Keep looking for it.

    ReplyDelete