Thai Almond Pork
For those of you that aren’t pork eaters, I have made this with chicken as well!
1 and ¼ cups sliced chicken or pork tenderloin
1 ½ TB coconut oil (olive or butter will work as well)
½ cup sliced green onion
3 TB Almond Butter
½ Cup coconut milk (the one that comes in a can, I use Thai Kitchen brand)
5 small red Thai chili peppers
3 TB sesame oil
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 red or green bell peppers
1 tsp grated ginger
Handful of chopped almonds
Please note that this recipie works well with whatever left over veggies you have in the fridge, I like quite a bit of them, so I tossed in some cauliflower, cabbage, and carrots additionally!
• Mix the almond butter, thai chilis, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a bowl and set aside.
• In a large skillet or wok sautee the veggies along with a ¼ cup of water for about 5 minutes.
• In a separate skillet heat the coonut oil, and cook the green onions and ginger
• Add the protein to the onion and ginger mixture, and cook about 5 minutes until golden brown. Be careful not to over cook it!
• Add the ingredients from your protein skillet into the veggie skillet, and stir in your sauce.
• Cover and let simmer on low for about 8-10 minutes.
• Before serving, garnish with some chopped almonds
Baked Apples and Peaches
4 medium apples (I use 3 Fuji’s and 1 Granny Smith)
4 medium peaches
4 strips of orange rind (or 1 TB orange zest)
½ cup dried currants
1 whole vanilla bean chopped (1/4 tsp vanilla extract will do the trick also)
1 TB cinnamon powder
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp honey (I use 6 packets of Stevia)
2 TB grass fed or Irish butter
• Pre heat oven to 350
• Core apples and peaches and quarter each piece of fruit.
• Place fruit into glass baking pan
• Mix stevia, cinnamon, orange rind, nutmeg, currents, and vanilla in a small bowl
• Heat butter in microwave and mix with bow of ingredients
• Evenly distribute over fruit, cover and bake for 60-75 minutes